Tired of eating same oats everyday, add some flavours to your oats. Granola is a fancy twist on toasted oats. The thing is, granola is easy to make at home, and also cost effective. This recipe is a granola base to which you can add whatever dried fruit, nuts, or other tasty bits make you happy. Feel free to tweak this with other spices, a little less honey, more salt—it’s quite forgiving, and customizing your own blend is the fun of making your own.
You can eat this granola as it is or you can enjoy it with some milk or even with yogurt.
- 1 Cup Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin seeds
- 14 Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Nut butter
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 300F or 150C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Step 3 Add coconut oil, honey, almond butter and vanilla. Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Step 4 Evenly spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing half way.
- Step 5 Remove from the oven and let cool completely, then mix raisins.
- Step 6 Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.