I love PB&J sandwich, but the sandwich available in restaurants are nit very healthy so I decided to make a healthier PB&J sandwich. So for making this sandwich I am using Organic Whole Grain bread, which is high in fiber and protein. Also along with peanut butter and strawberry jam, I have used banana. And as we all know Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They contain several essential nutrients, and have benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss.
For the Jelly layer in the PB&J sandwich, I am using homemade strawberry chia jam. This homemade jam is super healthy. Most of the store bought jams are loaded with sugars, but when you make your own at home, you can always control the amount of sugar. Plus I have not added any refined sugar in making this jam. Addition of chia seeds gives nice thickness and also provide healthy fats especially omega-3.
This PB&J sandwich recipe is my go-to and all time favourite. I like to toast my bread before spreading jam and peanut butter, as I like the crunch. Whenever you are buying peanut butter make sure to buy 100% Natural Peanut Butter because some peanut butter have added sugar and hydrogenated oil, which are really bad for health.
PB&J Sandwich Recipe
- 2 Slices of whole grain bread
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam
- ½ Banana
- Step 1 Toast the bread slices.
- Step 2 Apply strawberry jam on one slice and peanut butter on the other.
- Step 3 Slice the banana and place over any one bread.
- Step 4 Put one bread over the other, you can cut in half if you prefer and enjoy!