Protein pancakes are made with no refined grains or no refined sugar. Protein pancakes are loaded with proteins, which is a perfect to start your day. Because research shows that starting your day with a high-protein breakfast can aid weight loss and boost energy. I love protein pancakes so much that I make then atleast twice or thrice a week.During my weight loss journey, I found them very useful. I use to have this protein pancakes as my pre workout meal as it is perfect combination of protein and carbs.
This protein pancakes recipe is very simple and basic, you can tweak them as per your taste. You can also add some fresh fruits in the pancake batter. I have made this protein pancakes in chocolate flavour because I love chocolate. This protein pancakes has no refined sugar or flour. I have used multigrain flour. Even using whole wheat flour will work just as well. The sweetness in this pancakes comes from the Protein Powder and banana. Top your protein pancakes with your favourite fruits and enjoy.
Chocolate Protein Pancakes Recipe
- ¼ Cup Multigrain or whole wheat flour
- ½ Banana
- 1 Scoop protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon Nut butter
- ⅓ Cup Almond milk
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1 In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, protein powder and salt.
- Step 2 In a separate large bowl, mash banana then add almond butter and almond milk and combine them until smooth.
- Step 3 Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. If the batter looks too thick add just a splash more milk.
- Step 4 Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with coconut oil or butter and place over medium heat. Drop batter by ¼ cup onto skillet and spread out a bit with a spoon.
- Step 5 Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown.
- Step 6 Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more coconut oil and remaining batter.
- Step 7 Enjoy pancakes with sliced bananas, strawberries and some shaved dark chocolate.