Pulao is one of my favourite rice dishes. It’s a one-pot recipe, easy to make and healthy if you make the healthier choice, by swapping brown rice with white. The addition of colourful vegetables adds more goodness making it a wholesome dish.
Brown Rice Pulao Recipe
- ½ Cup Brown rice
- 1 Small onion chopped
- ½ Inch Ginger finely chopped
- ½ Cup Vegetables(I have used potatoes, carrot, green peas)
- 2 TeaspoonsOil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ¼ TeaspoonTurmeric powder
- Step 1 Wash and soak brown rice for a minimum of 30-40 minutes in hot water.
- Step 2 Heat oil, then add chopped onions, ginger and saute for a few minutes or until onion turns pink.
- Step 3 Then add the vegetables, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and saute for a few more seconds.
- Step 4 Now add the soaked brown rice and mix well.
- Step 5 Pour 1½ -2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil then slow down the heat, cover the pan and simmer over low flame until most of the water has evaporated and rice is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Step 6 Remove from the heat and let the pulao sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Brown rice pulao is ready to enjoy!