We all enjoy Brown Rice with all different types of curries, but today lets try something different and make a healthy salad from our favourite brown rice. The health benefits of Brown Rice continue with its fiber, which has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels, one more way brown rice helps prevent atherosclerosis. Fiber also helps out by keeping blood sugar levels under control, so brown rice is an excellent grain choice for people with diabetes.
This Brown Rice salad is healthy, delicious and super easy to make. You just need few ingredients that we all have in our pantry. This salad is vegan as well as gluten-free. The core ingredient for this salad is Brown Rice which is a great source of complex carbs. You can prepare this salad which leftover rice as well. Walnut and almonds gives the perfect crunch to the salad and we get some sweetness from the Raisins.
BROWN RICE WALNUT AND RAISIN SALAD RECIPE
- 1 Cup brown rice
- ¾ Cup green peas
- ¼ Cup raisins
- ¼ Cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup sliced almonds
- ½ Avocado
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon liquid sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon tahini
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Cook the brown rice in about two and half cups water, or according to package directions. Also add green peas along with brown rice.
- Step 2 Once cooked, let the rice come to room temperature.
- Step 3 While the rice is cooling, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Stir the dressing into the rice mix until all the ingredients are coated.
- Step 4 Top the rice with raisins, almonds, walnuts and avocado.