I love pasta, but regular pasta are not very healthy for us. Whole-Wheat Pasta, Quinoa Pasta, Buckwheat Noodles, Sprouted-Grain Pasta, Spelt Pasta, Brown Rice Pasta are some great alternative to traditional refined pasta. But then one day while shopping at trader joe’s, I saw lentil pasta and I thought to try it. This lentil pasta are high in protein and fiber also vegan and gluten-free. So here I am sharing my recipe of lentil pasta with you all.
I tried and loved lentil pasta. This pasta is healthy, tasty, nutritious and you can enjoy them at any time of the day. I have paired this pasta with lots of veggies which make its even more healthy pasta recipe. Preparing this pasta is also very simple and easy. I love adding garlic to my pasta so I made this garlicky lentil pasta for lunch. I love the flavour of roasted cauliflower, so I roasted my cauliflower and sauted rest of the veggies and then mixed with veggies with the boiled pasta and drizzled some sriracha sauce.
Garlicky Lentil Pasta Recipe
- 1 Cup dry lentil pasta
- 2 Cups cauliflower florets
- 1 Bell pepper cut lengthwise
- ½ Onion cut lengthwise
- 2 Cloves garlic grated
- 4 Teaspoons oil
- ½ Red chilli flakes
- ½ Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. In a large mixing bowl add cauliflower florets, 2 teaspoons of oil, salt, pepper and toss together. Spread on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Step 2 While cauliflower is roasting lets prepare pasta, so for pasta bring around 4-5 cups of water to boil. Also add salt to boiling water. Add pasta and boil according to package instructions around 8 minutes.
- Step 3 While pasta is cooking lets prepare rest of the veggies, heat remaining oil in a pan. Add grated garlic and sauce for 30 seconds then add onions and sauce for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft. Then add bell peppers and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Step 4 Once pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the pasta will veggies, add all the spices and mix well. Add the roasted cauliflower, drizzle some sriracha sauce and enjoy!