We all love pasta salad, so lets try to make our favourite dish healthy so we can enjoy them guilt-free. This Pasta Salad is healthy, nutritious and delicious. I have used brown rice pasta instead of regular pasta to make this salad healthy. Also Brown rice pasta is vegan and gluten-free.
Along with pasta I have added lots of fresh vegetables, which gives good crunch to the salad and also a great way to include veggies in our diet. I have used all my favourite veggies like lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and cucumber. Brown rice pasta is made from ground brown rice, instead of wheat. This makes the pasta gluten-free and perfectly suitable for you if you have celiac disease. Brown rice pasta is a nutritious alternative to regular white or wheat pasta. It fits in perfectly in your favorite pasta entree or pasta salad.
Making this healthy pasta salad is super simple and easy. Just cook the pasta as per the packet instructions and while pasta is cooking we can chop all the veggies we want to add to the pasta salad. Make sure to wash your veggies properly before chopping them. For the dressing of this pasta salad, I have kept it very simple. The dressing is made with extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, liquid sweetener and seasoned with salt and pepper. This dressing goes very well with the flavour of brown rice pasta.
Healthy Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup uncooked Pasta (I have used brown rice pasta)
- 2 Medium Carrot sliced
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 Lettuce leaves
- 2 Medium Cucumber sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid sweetener
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Step 2 In a large bowl add cooked pasta, followed by sliced carrot, chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
- Step 3 In a small bowl whisk together oil, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Pour dressing over the pasta and veggies and mix together.
- Step 5 Top it with feta cheese and enjoy.