Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants. And this Herbed Quinoa And Potato Peas Salad is the perfect way to add this superfood to our diet.
This salad is healthy, nutritious, delicious, simple and easy to make. Fresh herbs used with quinoa gives an awesome flavour to quinoa. You can use fresh herbs of you choice. I like flavour of cilantro and mint so I have used fresh cilantro and mint.
I love eating french fries, but they are made by deep frying which is not healthy, so I made this potato wedges in the oven which tastes great and you can enjoy them without feeling guilty. Also the garlicky green peas pairs perfectly with the potato wedges and add great flavour to the whole salad.
HERBED QUINOA AND POTATO PEAS SALAD RECIPE
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 Large potato
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup green peas
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- 1 Clove garlic grated.
- Step 1 To cook quinoa, bring water to boil and add rinsed quinoa. Then lower down the heat to simmer and cook quinoa for 15-20 minutes. Once the quinoa is cooked, add chopped cilantro, mint and mix well.
- Step 2 While quinoa is cooking lets prepare potato wedges. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Cut potato into wedges.
- Step 3 In a large mixing bowl add potato wedges, oil, salt, pepper and toss together. Spread on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 4 While potato is baking lets prepare green peas. If using frozen peas first defrost them in microwave or on counter top. Heat oil in a pan add grate garlic and sauce for 30 seconds, then add green peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5 To assemble salad, first make a bed of herbed quinoa, then add potato wedges and garlicky green peas and enjoy!