This salad recipe is very healthy, nutritious, delicious and also easy to make, great for lunch, dinner and also for kids lunch boxes. The best part is that you can make the bean salad ahead of time. In fact, it actually tastes even better after a day or two. This mixed bean salad is full of protein and fiber.
Preparing this salad is very simple and easy. You just need beans and some vegetables. You can add beans and vegetables of you choice. I have used black beans and kidney beans, but adding other beans like chickpeas or white beans will also taste good. For dressing I have made simple lime vinaigrette, I have added chilli flakes in dressing you can leave it out if making for kids.
Mixed Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup Cooked black beans
- 1 Cup Cooked kidney beans
- ¼ Medium Onion chopped
- ½ Cup Sweet corn
- 1 Medium Cucumber sliced
- 10-12 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- Salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes to taste.
- Step 1 In a large bowl add both the beans, chopped onions, corn, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Step 2 In a small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice and all spices.
- Step 3 Pour dressing over bean salad and mix well.
- Step 4 Add bean salad to a serving bowl and enjoy!