Last month we went for brunch with our friends and there we had delicious sandwich which consisted of caramelised onion, sautéed mushroom and goat cheese. So I thought of recreating the same sandwich, with a healthier touch. So make this sandwich healthy, I have used whole grain bread instead of regular white bread, also added some spinach which enhances the taste and a great way to eat more veggies.
Mushroom Onion And Spinach Sandwich came out so good at home. So I thought of sharing this recipe with you all. This sandwich is healthy and tasty. This sandwich is vegan and can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free bread. Great for kids and office lunch boxes.
Preparing Mushroom Onion And Spinach Sandwich is very simple. Start by chopping all the veggies and the sauce inion and mushroom. Here I have used baby spinach so I have not chopped it, but if you are using spinach leaves which are bigger in size you can chop them into small size. Adding balsamic vinegar gives goos caramelised flavour.
Mushroom Onion And Spinach Sandwich Recipe
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Cups sliced mushrooms(I have used white mushroom)
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons oil
- ½ Teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ Teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Slices of whole grain bread
- Step 1 Chop onion and grate garlic.
- Step 2 Heat oil in large frying pan and add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until soft.
- Step 3 Then add spinach, chilli flakes and oregano and cook spinach for around 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove pan from heat and add balsamic vinegar, and mix everything.
- Step 5 Toast the bread and you can spread mayonnaise and mustard on toasted bread slices.
- Step 6 Divide sautéed mixture evenly onto three slices of bread. Top with the remaining slices of bread.