This soup is very hearty, comforting and healthy. It has a double punch of protein from the lentils and quinoa and it full of healthy vegetables. Also, this one pot soup will be ready in about 1 hour. Plus the ingredients used in soup are simple and we usually have in our pantry.
Lentils are a rich source of dietary fiber. Lentils are a powerhouse of nutrition. They are a good source of potassium, calcium, zinc, niacin and vitamin K, but are particularly rich in dietary fiber, lean protein, folate and iron. Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and contain all nine essential amino acids. So lentil and quinoa are perfect combination for this soup.
One-pot Lentil and Quinoa Soup Recipe
- 1 Cup Lentils (green/brown/red)
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 4-5 Cups Water or vegetable broth
- 2 Medium carrot chopped
- ½ Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 inch Piece of ginger, grated
- 2 Cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 Teaspoons Sweet paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- Lime juice as per taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Rinse your lentils and quinoa well using a fine mesh strainer to remove any powdery residue.
- Step 2 In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, ginger and garlic, saute for 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Step 3 Add in tomatoes, broth, lentils, quinoa, cumin, paprika, garam masala, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4 Once the soup is ready mix lime juice as per your taste.
- Step 5 Spoon soup into serving dishes and top with optional chopped parsley or cilantro.