Last time when I went for grocery shopping at my local grocery store, I saw sandwich thins, they were available in three different varieties – regular, whole wheat and multigrain. So I thought to buy one and do some experiment with them. So I bought whole wheat sandwich thins. The great thing about this sandwich thin is that each sandwich thin is only 100 calories and you can open them and they have two layer. So you can actually use them in place of your regular sandwich bread as well.
I decided to make open sandwich that to four different ways. Two sweet and two savoury. You can have this sandwich thins for your breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. Just make sure to avoid sweet during dinner. So for my sweet sandwich, I have used NaturAlmond Almond Butter as spread but you can use any nut-butter of your choice. And for the toppings I have used two of my favourite fruits banana and strawberry. But It will taste good with any other fruits as well.
For my savoury sandwich, I have used two different types of spread, one is mashed avocado and other is Kevala Organic Tahini. You can also use hummus if you have in hand. I just ran out of hummus, so I decided to go with mashed avocado and tahini. For the toppings I have paired mash avocado with sliced tomatoes and tahini with sliced cucumber and some alfa alfa sprouts.
Preparing this recipe is very simple and easy. You can toast the sandwich thins just like regular bread, this will add nice crunchy taste. I have left them untoasted. So start by spreading your favourite spread on the sandwich thins and then top it with your favourite toppings. I have prepared open sandwich, but you can even add a layer of sandwich thins on top.
Sandwich Thins Recipe - 4 Ways
- 3 Sandwich thins
- ½ Avocado
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 3 Strawberries
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Small cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons alfa alfa sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Open the sandwich thins. Each sandwich thins has two layers. So total you will have 6 layers.
- Step 2 For sweet sandwich, spread almond butter on two of the sandwich thin layer. Top one with sliced strawberry and other with sliced banana.
- Step 3 For tomato avocado sandwich, mash avocado and add salt and pepper to taste. Then spread it on sandwich thin. Top it with sliced tomato.
- Step 4 For cucumber tahini sandwich, spread tahini over sandwich thin. Top it with sliced cucumber and a tablespoon of alfa alfa sprouts.