I love adding chickpeas to my diet because Chickpeas are packed with protein, vitamins and minerals. They are a great source of plant-based protein. I also love spicy food so in this salad recipe, I combine both of them and the result is super delicious and nutritious Spiced Chickpea Salad.
This salad is very easy to make. You can use canned chickpeas or cook at home. Adding fresh veggies gives the crush to salad and also this way you can eat more veggies. I was having some tortillas in my pantry so I decided to make some chips which compliments this salad perfectly.
Spiced Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 Whole wheat tortilla or homemade chapati
- 3-4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 5-6 Cherry tomatoes
- ½ Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- Pinch of turmeric powder and paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Step 2 Cut the tortilla into triangles. Arrange the triangles on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3 Bake the tortilla pieces for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 4 Heat oil in a pan, add cooked chickpeas salt, pepper, turmeric and paprika. Mix everything until chickpeas are coated with all the spices.
- Step 5 Chop lettuce and tomatoes.
- Step 6 For assembling salad, place tortilla chips on plate followed by lettuce, spiced chickpeas and fresh cherry tomatoes.