Valentine’s day is just around the corner and this vegan red velvet mug cake is perfect to surprise your loved one. This vegan red velvet mug cake is quick, simple and easy to make. It is a one bowl vegan red velvet cake. For making the cake first I have mixed the batter in a bowl and then microwaved in a mug, but you can also mix everything in the mug itself.
For this quick 5-minute vegan red velvet mug cake, I have used whole wheat flour which is very healthy then the traditional all purpose flour. It has more fiber and nutrients. Also, instead of butter I have used coconut oil. This recipe can also be made gluten free by using gluten-free flour instead of wheat flour. For sweetness, you can use any sugar like cane sugar, turbinado sugar or coconut sugar. You can also use any zero-calorie sweetener, but always substitution instruction on the package before using it.
The main thing about making valentine’s goodies at home is that you can measure the amount of sugar and oil or butter you are adding to it. Also you can use healthy flour alternative. And homemade is always full of love, which is always appreciated by the lover. Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Vegan Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 4 Tablespoons of wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cocoa powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 4-5 Tablespoons of almond milk
- 4-6 Drops of red food color
- ¼ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Shaved white chocolate for decoration
- Step 1 In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
- Step 2 Then add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Step 3 If the batter is too thick add extra milk to adjust the consistency.
- Step 4 Now spray the mug with non-stick cooking spray and pour the prepared batter.
- Step 5 Microwave for 2 minutes, decorate with shaved white chocolate and your mug cake is ready to enjoy!