This healthy, vegan, gluten free and vegetarian rainbow veggie bowl is super simple and easy to make and can be prepared under one hour. This is my all time favourite dinner recipe. Also this rainbow veggie bowl has helped me a lot in losing my weight. It is inspired by fresh farmers market produce.
Eating vegetables provides health benefits – people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
Vegetables are important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many nutrients, including potassium, fiber, folate (folic acid) and vitamins A, E and C. Options like broccoli, spinach, tomatoes and garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood!
Potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Roasting vegetables makes them easier to digest, enhances their flavor, and takes them to whole new level of delicious. So for this rainbow veggie bowl, I roasted cauliflower and potatoes along with some oil, salt, pepper and turmeric powder.
To increase the protein content, I have also roasted tofu. Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1. But always try to get organic and Non-GMO tofu.
I am in totally love with this rainbow veggie bowl! It’s Wholesome, Satisfying, Colorful, Flavorful, Healthy, Versatile, and so delicious. This would make the perfect healthy plant-based brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Rainbow Veggie Bowl Recipe
- 1 Cup cubed tofu
- 1 Cup cauliflower florets
- 1 Large potato
- 1 Cup boiled peas, edamame and sweet corn
- 1 Cup shredded purple cabbage
- 18-20 Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Medium persian cucumber
- 2 Teaspoons oil
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Step 2 While the oven is preheating, press the tofu for 15-20 minutes. Then cut it into cubes of your preferable size. I like small cubes.
- Step 3 Cut Potato into cubes and cauliflower into florets. Add oil, turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Place the potato and cauliflower pieces on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4 I like to coat my tofu in rice flour mixed with salt and pepper for extra crispness. You can use corn starch instead. Place the tofu on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 5 Roast tofu, cauliflower and potato for 20-25 minutes or until they are cooked and gets golden brown.
- Step 6 Slice cucumber, tomatoes and shred cabbage using box grater.
- Step 7 I am using frozen corn, peas and edamame, so I added them to a bowl, cover them with water and microwave for 2 minutes. If you are using fresh, you need to boil them before use.
- Step 8 To assemble the Rainbow veggie bowl, place roasted tofu, potatoes, cauliflower and all the veggies in a serving bowl and enjoy!
- Step 9 You can also drizzle any type of dressing if you want but I like it without dressing.