As we all know that our organs, tissues, muscles and hormones are all made from proteins. The protein found in foods is used by every part of the body to develop, grow and function properly. So its important to include protein-rich foods in every meal of the day.
This recipe of protein bowl is perfect for lunch or dinner. Also, it is loaded with veggies, which are great source of fiber. Here I have used two different sources of protein – Kidney beans and Tofu. Kidney beans are an excellent source of molybdenum. They are a very good source of folate, dietary fiber and copper. Kidney beans are a good source of manganese, phosphorus, protein, vitamin B1, iron, potassium and magnesium.
Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1. But many soy products are genetically modified so always buy Organic and Non-GMO tofu.
This protein bowl is vegan and gluten-free plus not much cooking is required. You can prepare this when you don’t want to do much cooking and want to eat something healthy and filling. The most time consuming part is roasting tofu and potatoes and while that is happening, all the veggies can be chopped and prepared. Feel free to use veggies of your choice.
Vegan Protein Bowl Recipe
- 1 Large potato
- 1 Medium cucumber
- 10-12 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Medium carrot
- 1 Cup cubed tofu
- 1 Cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- Rice flour to coat tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Press the tofu for 30 minutes. Then cut it into cubes of your preferable size. I like small cubes.
- Step 2 Preheat your oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Step 3 Cut Potato into cubes. Add oil, salt and pepper. Place the potato pieces on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4 I like to coat my tofu in rice flour for extra crispness. You can even use corn starch instead. Place the tofu on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 5 Roast tofu and potato for 20-25 minutes or until they are cooked and gets golden brown.
- Step 6 Chop cucumber, carrot and tomatoes.
- Step 7 To assemble the protein bowl, place kidney beans, tofu, roasted potatoes and all the veggies in a serving bowl and enjoy!